I'm so 'in two minds' right now....on one hand, I have made some nice forward progress. I have officially lost almost 5lbs (4.8 exactly) in 2 months and a total of 6.5 inches and 2.1% body fat. But that was over a two month (almost 9 week) period or intense workouts....an hour of cycle almost every day...in the past 10 days, I have cycled 9 of them. I have also been eating fairly well with only occasional treats that are within bounds (120 cal brownies, low fat ice cream, sugar free jello, etc.).
Anyway, overall very happy. And honestly, that averages to .53lbs a week...if I keep that pace, it will take me 94 weeks to make goal....that's almost 2 years! I'll get there though even if it does take 2 years...and it's not as if this journey only has success realized at the END of the process....no, my friends, this journey is completely comprised of little successes. I improve my health with every fraction of a pound lost and every inch gone. I feel better, gain momentum with muscle built, my clothes fit better and I will migrate down sizes. Because I will stay on track no matter how long the full journey takes to a healthier me.....I will enjoy the process and journey.
I equate it to any other major accomplishment in life. I didn't finish college in a week or month or year....I haven't become the best mom/parent ever - YET... careers aren't built over night. I am a work in-progress in so many ways...and this is just one of them.
I will stay on track...I will do this!
But, I do hope to speed it up a bit. I feel pretty stable in my workout routine (thanking G-d for my good health lately and no side tracks there!), so I plan to focus the next two months on what I put in my mouth....from more, more, more water to healthier food choices. I plan to get more methodical about it. First step, after this post, I am going to log my food for today on SparkPeople. The first step to improving is knowing where you are!
Wish me continued success and luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Keep up the good work. Sounds like you are on the right track.
Post a Comment