It is really tough for me to 'put it all out there'...I mean it is no secret that I have some extra pounds on me or that I want to lose some weight - 1/2 of the population is in the same boat as I am (and another 30% or so are just ignorant to the fact)...regardless, it is a big step for me to lay it out so openly for the world to see.
I really have a lot to lose - face, credibility, support, motivation...but most importantly pounds - very unhealthy, unsightly pounds of pure fat...and not the good fat that you want to round out your lip Angelina Jolie style...
My counter reminds me of how far I have to go - 38lbs left to lose and only 6 gone to date (actually it is more - I had lost about another 10 since earlier this year when I started on my own - this counter is just for my progress since I started my training). But, I am feeling motivated now. If not now, when! You have to start somewhere to end up anywhere and even the longest journey begins with the first small step. I am here, now about to scale a mountain...it won't happen fast, but it will happen.
I am feeling optimistic today and I know those feelings will inevitably wane in the coming weeks and months - or more ebb and flow - as life, emotions, hormones, cravings, parties, holidays, etc get in my way...but I hope to fortify myself and my resolve so that I can weather those storms. - more on my game plan in future posts...off to bed now, because a tired Angela is a hungry Angela!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Ang - Great to see a new blog. Good luck with it all. You know I feel your pain!
Bravo to you for putting yourself out there!
Post a Comment