My Progress

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, October 14, 2007

My 1st 5K

David and I did a 5K on Saturday morning for Make A Wish. It was my first ever. It was perfect - the weather was great - a bit cold in the beginning, but it warmed up quickly...and it was a very casual run/walk. David did very well, running it in about 26 minutes - it took me just over 40 minutes which is still really good especially since I don't normally run.

I think we are going to try to do a 5K on a regular basis. All part of my 'get active' campaign. I want our whole family to be active with lots of physical hobbies...we are also still shopping for bikes.

I am also trying out tennis. I have a class on Monday nights with Amanda...and I am going to add in some free cardio tennis classes as well.

I also think on of the moms from Ethan (and Ryan's - she has a daughter in each of the boys's classes) and I are going to take some golf lessons together...our husbands both play golf and it would be something fun that we have both always wanted to try.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm really super proud of you for accomplishing this goal of yours!